the core purpose of the physicians at acc is to treat and prevent cardiovascular disease and to enhance the health of our patients. therefore they are involved in research studies that examine new medicines and new devices (pacemakers, implanted cardio defibrillators, and cardiac stents).
why? for some patients new medicines and devices are their only hope. for other patients new medicines may mean less side effects or less expensive treatment. to enhance the health of our patients we feel it's our responsibility to participate in these types of research.
if you'd like to learn more about our research studies ask your acc physician if there is a study that applies to you.
areas of research interest:
- new devices for coronary intervention - catheters and stents
- new devices for cardiac arrhythmias - pacemakers and defibrillators
- advanced antiplatelet agents for unstable angina
- reduced inpatient hospital costs through disease management programs
- outpatient permanent pacemaker implantation program
- reduced inpatient hospital stay for anticoagulation post-intervention
- evaluation of new radiocontrast material
- new techniques in radiofrequency catheter ablation
- outpatient evaluation of emerging lipid lowering agents
donna marie palazzo, crc
director of research
the clinical research center
1101 laurel oak road, suite 120
voorhees, nj 08043